Respironics BIPAP autoSV Core Package Item 1040716
- Automatically determines IPAP and EPAP pressures needed throughout each night.
- Maintains optimal comfort for the patient without decreasing effectiveness or safety.
- Digital Auto-Trak System with built-in leak detection ensures a breath-by-breath response to a patient’s breathing patterns.
- BiPAP Auto SV Advanced machine reacts directly to periods of waning and waxing respiration by providing the appropriate level of therapy depending on the patient’s respiration patterns.
- Designed especially for patients with certain diseases or disorders, such as: Congestive Heart Failure patients, or those with Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
- Wider available pressure settings as well as more options to give the patient optimum control of their therapy.
The Respironics BiPAP Auto SV Advanced Machine with heated humidifier is specifically designed to be the best choice for managing complicated sleep-disordered breathing patients. It combines a number of technologies to recognize and react to changing pressure needs, and it's clinically proven to treat obstructive, central and complex apneas and hypopneas, as well as periodic breathing, such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
How the BiPAP Auto SV Works:
The BiPAP Auto SV Advanced sleep therapy system delivers optimal therapy for complicated sleep-disordered breathing patients utilizing a multilevel algorithm. On a breath-by-breath basis, the revolutionary algorithm uses Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity to change pressure support, when necessary, to maintain a stable breathing pattern. In addition to this breath-by-breath adjustment of pressure support, the BiPAP Auto SV algorithm also calculates the patient's spontaneous breathing rate and can automatically trigger a breath should the patient have a central apnea event. This algorithm rapidly helps normalize respiration and return the pressure to the minimum required therapy pressure once ventilation has been normalized.
Types of Sleep Apnea Treated:
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
OSA is the absence of airflow due to an occlusion in the upper airway that lasts at least 10 seconds in spite of continual effort to breathe. Severity is measured by the Apnea/Hypopnea Index (AHI) - the number of episodes per hour of sleep.
Central Sleep Apnea
Central Sleep Apnea is a pattern of breathing characterized by a normal deep inspiratory cycle interchanged with complete cessation of breathing. It is typically caused by problems with how the brain controls breathing rather than an occlusion of the airway.
Complex Sleep Apnea
Complex sleep apnea is a condition that occurs when a patient is identified as having OSA, but with the application of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) to eliminate the OSA, the patient develops Central Sleep Apnea. The cause of complex sleep apnea is not known at this time.
In addition to the revolutionary algorithm, the BiPAP Auto SV Advanced sleep therapy system also offers other proven Respironics technologies such as optional integrated heated humidification and built-in digital data storage using Respironics Encore SmartCard and Encore Pro Data Management Software.